Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sarah is her name but her friends call her Sally

Dear Sally turned 99 today. Last year while I was working on a photo essay about her, this poor lady refused to let me take a portrait of her. In an attempt to earn her trust, I even walked her home one day, where she fed me milk and cookies and then played the violin, only to refuse again when I requested a portrait session (she did however give me a lucky penny that day which I've carried in my wallet ever since). I don't know what changed for her, but this year she was more than willing to spare some time and pose at the Capitol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SUCCESS!!!

I've only heard stories of this beautiful lady that if she was only 80 years younger you would take for yourself.... hahahaha, awesome dude.

Byrn